Backpacks Ministry Opportunity
The GA Baptist Association has started their yearly backpack ministry campaign and Answers will be a part! Please see flier for details on participating in this amazing ministry for children. See Jim Neal if you have questions.
Men with a Mission & Women with a Purpose
Session #1 of MWAM and WWAP discipleship programs is Monday, September 24th at 7:00 pm at the church.
Hot Chicks (Ladies’ Support Group)
Hot Chicks will meet Tuesday, September 18th at 7:00 pm at Debbie Patrick’s home. We will not be walking beforehand for this session.
Serv International Missions Project
Project Oversight: Brittany Vasquez
Our last day to collect clothing and bedding items is Sunday, September 23rd. See Brittany Vasquez for details.
Ways to make a difference:
- Fill up one or more trash bags of ONLY clothes, shoes, linens, bedding, belts or hats. PLEASE NO houseware items, electronics, furniture, etc. One hundred bags of clothes turns into 5,000 meals! Clothes must be clean and in good shape.
- You can make a monetary donation on the website: Servinternational.org as little as $8.00 and it provides 100 meals to countries in need.
- Sponsor a child to be moved into the Hope orphanage in northern Kenya. Fifty-five dollars a month provides 1 child with food, water, shelter, medical care, clothes and schooling. One hundred percent of your donation goes to that child.
- Donate solely to International business. This donation goes to only the needs needed to help keep the company running and for funding.
- When doing any type of online donation, click donate in the top right-hand corner and please put Southeast Restoration Group in the comments, as it goes towards the food initiative goal.
We will be collecting bags September 23rd. Please bring bags to church with you on Sunday and give to Brittany Vasquez.
Fall for Jesus
Time to invite your friends! Fall for Jesus is our community outreach event on Saturday, September 29th from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM at the Liberty Park Community Center in Grovetown. It is a wonderful occasion to invite your unsaved friends and family. We are featuring karaoke, snow cones, hot dogs, and pumpkin painting. Yes, we need help with set-up and clean-up. See Deann Hostler to get an assignment.
Answers is planning an “Anniversary Celebration Breakfast” on Sunday, October 7, 2018. This marks three years of Sunday Services. This is a great opportunity to invite some friends!
The SES National Conference on Christian Apologetics 2018 is October 12th-13th at Calvary Church in Charlotte. Speakers include Norm Geisler, Josh McDowell, Chip Ingram, Frank Turek, and Ravi Zacharaias, Cost is: $75 Adults / $45 Students (through Aug. 1); $85 Adults / $55 Students (regular price); Group, Home School, Christian School, and Skeptic discounts available. If there are enough interested in going, we might try to block some hotel rooms. Please see Pastor Marvin if interested. Go to website: http://ncca2018.myfreesites.net/ or Call for details: (800) 77-TRUTH x201
The discounted tickets will be available from Answers until Sunday, July 22, 2018. The price is $68.74 ($63.25 + $5.49 ticket processing). For those who paid a $20 deposit, your balance is $48.74. You can give your money to Deann Hostler, Marvin Patrick, or Debbie Patrick. There are discounted hotel rooms blocked out for Answers at the Best Western in Charlotte. See the flier for details.
CONFERENCE DATES: October 12-13, 2018
LOCATION: Calvary Church, 5801 Pineville-Matthews Road, Charlotte, NC 28226
Distance: 2-1/2 hours from Grovetown
HOTEL: Best Western Hotel, Independence, 2501 Sardis Road N, Charlotte, NC 28227
Price (Blocked Rooms): $71.99/night
Cut Off: October 10, 2018, Full Buffet Breakfast; 7.8 miles from Conference (13 minutes)
Hotel Distance from Grovetown: 2 hours, 49 minutes
*Deposit of $20.00 per person needed by Thursday, June 29, 2018. Write check to “Answers Community Church” and give to Pastor Marvin, Debbie Patrick, or Deann Hostler